Monday, December 6, 2010

Small Packages = Big Smiles!

For those of you who actively collect Ex Libris Bookplates, you will know exactly what I am talking about.  No matter how bad my day might be going the joy I get when I see a package in the mail is borderline euphoric!  Such was the case today!  For some reason I have been feeling a bit blue the last few days (probably having to do with being a small business owner and things being a little too quiet around the office for my tastes).  Well, in the mail today was my first J.J. Lankes plate and man, this day just got a heck of a lot better!  This is Robert Frost's personal plate and has probably been seen a million times on eBay, which makes me wonder if this not a reprinted version.  I sure hope not!  Nonetheless I love it.  And the longer I am involved in collecting and studying these miniatures beauties them more I find myself drawn to wood engraved and woodcut pieces.  J.J. Lankes is quickly rising into my Top 10 for that reason!  If you have any Lankes plates (or Asa Cheffetz) and want to sell or trade, let me know!

Have a great day, I know I will now!

No comments:

Post a Comment