Monday, November 22, 2010

Back from the mountains!

My family and I had a wonderful time camping this weekend at Black Rock Mountain State Park in Mountain City, GA.  It's always so nice to get away from home for a while and soak up the beauty that God provides us!

An exciting end to my trip is what you, Gentle Reader, will find most intriguing!  I finally made my first contact with an antiquarian bookbinder in North Georgia.  I stopped by their workshop on my way back home.  Interestingly enough, I found out about them through one of their eBay auctions.  I ended up winning the auction this weekend so it was only fitting that I stop by, pay for the auction, and make new friends.  While in their workshop I was presented with a large envelope containing somewhere between 50-70 various items, mostly bookplates!  I am completely overwhelemed by the amount of work that I will now have to do just to figure out what I have purchased.......but that is part of the fun, right?

Additionally I received a large package on Friday from one of my new-found collector friends!  I have a lot of tough choices to make in order to decide what to buy out of this massive amount of stuff.  I'd say there are safely 140 armorials and 10 Konupek pieces!  Maybe I'll just take the whole enchilada?!?  That would make my friend happy, I think!

I also have some tough decisions to make in regards to multiple E.D. French plates that were offered to me late last week too.  That decision will be made tomorrow!

Right now I have to clear my mind over Thanksgiving so that I can get ready to start researching all of the new bookplates that have recently made it to my desk.  Photos of the most interesting items will be coming soon as well as a list of duplicate items that I will be available for trade!

Cheers,
Bw

No comments:

Post a Comment